Round 2 12WBT

Round 2 12WBT
Michelle Bridges 12 WBT Round 2 2nd Place Winner. Before (May 21st 2001 - 108.9kg) and After (August 10th 2011 - 86.5kg)

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Biggest Loser Australia - the Singles Edition!

Episode 2 of The Biggest Loser done! Last night I cried my way through the whole episode. There is something about watching it, now that I have travelled (and still am travelling) the journey from obese down to a healthier version of what I was, that I can REALLY relate to. I really am FEELING the contestants this year.

I have heard many mixed views on the 'singles' version. Some love it, some absolutely hate it. It definitely has a lot of focus put on it. I know there are plenty of overweight people who are not shy retiring wall flowers hiding away at home. They are outgoing, loud and funny. They put up a front of confidence, but deep down would love to have someone to share their journey in life with. I know, because I was that person in the past. In face, my whole life I had been single, until the age of 29. I was an outgoing independant woman, seemingly full of life, but there were plenty of times I felt down about being on my own.

I was lucky that once I met someone, my partner loved me, even at the size I was. I was around 95kg at the time, and only got heavier.

Should she have encouraged me to lose weight? I don't know. The size of me didn't worry her, but should she have looked at it from the health perspective? Looking at photos now, she says she can't even remember me looking the size I was.

I do know though, that a lot of the things this year's contestants have revealed that they are feeling, I have felt before, both as a single person, and someone in a relationship. And I, for one, am going to love watching their transformations as first and foremost, they begin to love themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Kate! I've never watched TBL til this round started last night. I have been a blubbering mess both nights (at lease I had tissues tonight, unlike last night). You and I have both been lucky enough to find ourselves our soul mates and "snag them". I'd never watched TBL til last night, and I never NEVER been above 81.5 kg (to my knoweldge) so I TRULY DO NOT KNOW what YOU or the others have been through. I am truly blessed to have my bumped into my soulmate 7 years ago (we first met over 12 years ago, when it simply didn't work as teenagers). He is my number one fan, and has even expressed concerns (which I have allayed) at my shrinking frame. I am blessed that I have his support, and I hope that you have the same with your new husband. Stay true to who you are, and the rest will follow. I am sooooo looking forward to following TBL's journeys. I'm hooked already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sister W!! I think it is shaping up to be a fantastic season! I think everyone can relate from some point in their life to being unwanted, or excluded from something, weather weight related or not, so I think they will have a huge audience this year, with LOTS of tearjerking moments. Might need to have a box of tissues permanently next to the couch I think!!

    ReplyDelete