Round 2 12WBT

Round 2 12WBT
Michelle Bridges 12 WBT Round 2 2nd Place Winner. Before (May 21st 2001 - 108.9kg) and After (August 10th 2011 - 86.5kg)

Saturday 25 June 2011

A Return to What?

So, this is NOT the first time I have embarked upon losing weight.

Nooooo???? You don't say?!!

I mean really, which one of us has not tried to shed a few kilos at some point or another.

But this is not a few kilos I am talking about, I am talking about a LOT of kilos, a HUGE amount - at least 30, but in reality, closer to 40. Wow. That hurts just to think about. But I have done it before, and I know I can do it again. In fact I AM doing it again.

At 25, I decided I needed to seriously and drastically lose weight. No starving, no purging, no vibrating exercise machines, definitely no diet pills. Initially though, it was medically monitored meal replacement shakes. 5 a day, 800 calories in total, with an optional bowl of vegies at night if you wanted. It took just 8 days until I experienced my first, and only ever experience in life with extreme constipation. I guess that is what no real food will do to you!! Once I got over that (and for those wondering, it did take a few days to get things going again!!) I got into the swing of exercise, even after tripping and breaking 3 toes, and after 3 months of shakes food was slowly reintroduced. The major weight loss was out of the way, and it was time to learn to fend myself around real meat, fruit, vegies, and one of my favourites - carbs. I did fine, and eventually after 6 months came to lose about 30kg, which I maintained for a few years. Slowly but surely though as job and lifestlye changes, the weight crept back on - plus an extra 10kg. Well into the obese section of the BMI, my weight had for the first time skyrocketed into the 3 digit figures.

Until I decided to do something about it.

This time though, I am doing things differently. In January I looked at the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation, and with my November wedding looming, I thought it looked good, but decided I could do it myself. WRONG!!!!! Of course I did nothing. No exercise, not much home cooking, and definitely not losing any weight. So I started for Round 2 2011, and six weeks in, I have already lost 11.1kg!! I am exercising every day, some days morning and night, I am eating cleanly - and deliciously, and finally this week I am actually starting to see and feel the differences in my whole body shape - not just my face in the mirror.

This blog is a space for me to share with you the everyday activity that is my life as a busy musician, manager of a homewares store, wedding planner (my own, which is in 5 months), but most importantly, to share my story of being just another overweight girl who can be even more than she is if she wasn't held back by 15 years of lazy behaviour and bad food choices. Who doesn't want to be the fat girl in her circle of friends anymore. Who can and will and IS already achieving more than she thought she could, just by making some different life choices, and yes, for now, putting in some damn hard work to get there. To return to me.

The return of Kate Mackie.

3 comments:

  1. You're already looking amazing! Keep up the good work KMack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Awesome idea KateMackie!!!

    I always thought you were beautiful...but what a knockout you will be for your wedding day...lucky Larry :)

    ReplyDelete