Round 2 12WBT

Round 2 12WBT
Michelle Bridges 12 WBT Round 2 2nd Place Winner. Before (May 21st 2001 - 108.9kg) and After (August 10th 2011 - 86.5kg)

Friday 22 July 2011

Time to Watch The Clock or The Love of An Inanimate Object Part 2

The postal delivery van......... faces peer excitedly through windows, front doors open, hushed whispers turn into excited gushing as everyone wonders if they will be the recipient of the parcel about to appear from behind the sliding door of the courier truck....

This was me today! Not waiting on a book or dvd purchase, a snazzy piece of new clothing or a secret gift from a family member. Nope, today I was like a giggling school girl over a Heart Rate Monitor! Haha! That is something I would never have expected myself to say.

Back at the start of the 12WBT, I looked into purchasing one of the fancy HRM from Polar. http://www.polaraustralia.com.au/au-en  In addition to tracking how hard I would be working out through the heart rate reader, I was mostly interested in the fact that it can count calories worked off. The exercise bike I am using does tell me this, but as for the gym classes, I have no idea!!

It wasn't really in the budget, and for the last 2 months I have hoped every week that I might win one in the various competitions and live chats. Unfortunately this was not to be, and so on Tuesday afternoon I decided to just buy one.

Of course, I ummed and aahhed for a good half hour over the colour choice, and eventually chose the FT7 in black with silver accent. I had been put off that one at first as one website was calling it a Men's model. I figured though I wear my Dad's watch, so how big could this be? I would like to wear my HRM to work to get a rough idea of how many cals all that walking around the store actually burns off every day, and I thought this colour option would best suit my uniform, so bit the bullet, and that's the one I ordered.

This morning I did my biggest workout to date, and the whole time I was thinking 'if only I had my Polar HRM'. Of course, 10 minutes after I got home, a delivery van drove slowly up my street. My face uncontrollably broke into a grin and I am sure that to no-one in particular I exclaimed with glee 'it's here!!!'

I am reminded of my best friend's blog post over at SaveMum'Sanity about her love for a beautiful antique sideboard. How she couldn't stop looking at it in all it's glory.
(check it out here at: http://savemumsanity.com/2011/06/20/inanimate-object-of-desire/ )

I have realised I am doing the same, and despite the agony I am currently in after this morning's workout, I can't wait to get out tomorrow and see what calorie killing I can do!!

                                           The parcel arrives!!


                                           Tui is interested in what's inside.


                                           The contents - lots of instructions!!


    All set up and ready to go - pity it was just after a 3hr+ workout. There's always tomorrow though!

No comments:

Post a Comment