Round 2 12WBT

Round 2 12WBT
Michelle Bridges 12 WBT Round 2 2nd Place Winner. Before (May 21st 2001 - 108.9kg) and After (August 10th 2011 - 86.5kg)

Saturday 11 February 2012

Round 1, 2012 12WBT Pre-Season Task 2 - My Excuses!!

After 2 rounds of 12wbt and over 40kg lost, it is interesting to analyse the excuses that I still have going on inside my head. Basically, I still don't love exercise, and I would probably love a good sleep in from time to time rather than busting my butt at whatever training session I have on that day, HOWEVER I know that doing those things isn't going to get me any closer to my goals, and that is why I choose to get up early and eat clean. So basically, these excuses aren't there everyday, but I know that some of these babies might try and re-surface when I least expect it! These are the main ones I can think of for now, but should any new ones decide to reveal themselves over the next 12 weeks, I will certainly let you know!!

My Internal Excuses & Solutions:

* I'm so sore, I should just rest today
-  Have a hot bath after a big session, stretch and know that doing some more training will keep everything loosened up.

* I can't go at 100% right now, as I need to be able to finish the session
- Aim to get a bit faster or go a bit harder - lift a bit heavier - each session. That way I might not be going as fast/hard/strong as a champion athlete just yet, but I am building towards it. Also trust that I can complete the sessions, and if I really get stuck, I have my phone with me anyway!

* I couldn't be bothered with it, I'll just have takeaway
- Pre-plan meals and do big freezer cook-ups so I can have something ready to go at all times - very handy for if I am unexpectedly getting home late.

* I have worked out hard today so this one little snack won't matter  
- Remind myself of what it will take to burn off that one little treat, remind myself of how much I still dislike running and working out, that I will have to do even more in order to have not wasted my previous workout

* I have worked out hard today, so I can sleep in tomorrow and skip training
- Remind myself that in order to achieve my goals I still need to be working out hard every day. Skipping a day makes it harder to pick up the day after. Working out hard in Round 1 is what got me the results I wanted, so if I want to keep that up, I need to keep up the same level of frequency, intensity and momentum.

External Excuses Within My Control & Solutions:




* My feet hurt 
- Go to shoe store, and check that my current workout shoes are still in good condition and don't need replacing

* It's too hot/cold/rainy 
- Invest in a good sun protective cap and lots of sunscreen for outdoor training. I also have Michelle's dvds so I can still do an inside workout if the weather is too unbearable/miserable

* It's not my day with the car - I can't get to the gym as there is no bus that gets me there early enough for my class



- Walk to the gym, or do a different workout to normal - mixing it up keeps it interesting!!


External Excuses Outside Of My Control & Solutions:

* Car breaks down - can't get to gym
 - Use public transport, or walk

* Gym is closed for public holiday
- Do an outside training session or one of Michelle's dvd workouts

* Get held up at work - I'm going to miss a meal/have to have takeaway

- Have an excess supply of snacks and frozen meals at work. Also fammiliarise myself with some 'good' takeaway options if I am really desperate - eg a subway wrao or salad (no cheese or sauce of course, and something from their healthier range - ham, salad, or turkey)

Have you looked at what excuses might be holding you back from achieving your goals? What solutions can you come up with to combat those excuses??

2 comments:

  1. I am starting tomorrow. Trying my fitness test tonight, I have so many excuses but I am not going to mention them as I am trying to keep them out of my head. Totally out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clairey - How did you go with your fitness test?

      I think it is ok not to re-mention your excuses, as you don't want to give life to them again! I think it is a good idea to have them recorded somewhere so you can re-asses them and check that you are still on top of them. Also writing/typing them down means you can also then think up and put into action a plan to combat those excuses. Whatever works for you though is the best idea I think!!

      I would love to hear how you go this round, so be sure to pop back in and let me know!

      :)

      Delete