Round 2 12WBT

Round 2 12WBT
Michelle Bridges 12 WBT Round 2 2nd Place Winner. Before (May 21st 2001 - 108.9kg) and After (August 10th 2011 - 86.5kg)

Sunday 12 February 2012

Round 1, 2012 12WBT Pre-Season Task 3 - My Goals!

Goals goals goals!! So what do I want to achieve this round??



I have been pondering this for a few days, as I have been unsure which program to follow this time round. I had been thinking I might like to try the Lean & Strong round, but have come to the conclusion that there is a bit of mid-section flabbiness that I would really like to work off first - you know the usual spots us ladies have trouble with, the tummy/hips/thigh region. Also, I have really only just started doing some running on a regular basis in the last month, I want to see how I go with that for a while longer, as I hope to increase my cardio fitness, reduce my run times, and get an improved, more efficient technique happening. So, it is Lean & Fit again for me, and I am going to push myself to the advanced level. I am not quite in the advanced level for my push ups etc, but the rest is fine.

So, my main goals for the next 3 months are as follows:

* Get to my goal weight, which I think will be somewhere around 62-65kg. 2 rounds ago I had the long term 'goal' of 70kg, thinking it would take years to get there. I am currently at 68kg, and although I would be happy to not lose any more from my face/neck/chest area, I know we can't be picky like that, so if I am aiming to reduce more tummy etc, I have to continue to work out as I have been.

* Continue with the weekly running events I do, in particular Park Run which is a free 5km run in New Farm every Sunday morning. I have only done this a few times, and my current best time is just over 38minutes. By the end of the next 12 weeks, I would like to have this time consistently under 35 minutes, and then begin to work towards 30mins.

Out of interest, Park Run is a free event done in many capital cities and towns over Australia. You get an official time at the end and can check your results on the website which are usually posted the same day! See www.parkrun.com.au

* Compete in another triathlon enticer event. I recently did my first one, which was great fun, and I would love to do some more!! I am aiming for the Gold Coast entiver in April, which is a larger distance on all 3 legs than the one I did last weekend at Caloundra!


                                             *Me approaching the finish line at Caloundra!*

Here is the link to the next enticer event:

http://www.usmevents.com.au/Triathlon___Multi_Sport/Gatorade_Queensland_Tri_Series/Gold_Coast_Triathlon___Luke_Harrop_Memorial.htm

* Start using the weights machines at the gym to get more toned and get some more definition happening - in particular in my arms.

What goals do you have set for yourself for this round? Looking back on my first round, I can tell I was nervous and unsure the I would succeed. I set good goals, but what I set were small goals. I suppose, so that I could be sure I would achieve them. I look forward to setting myself a big challenge now, as it gives me something to really work hard for over each 12 weeks. For me this round, running is definitely going to be that thing!! Who knows, I might become a regular Forest Gump and just keep on running!!



1 comment: